Argentina Mendoza Mission

Argentina Mendoza Mission



Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 13, 2011

Hello Family,
        Well that's news to me, they never told me I was a senior comp, so I just assumed we were co- companions.  So to answer your questions it's going good!  I think being senior comp is just to say you make the final decisions and report to the district leader; it pretty much doesn't mean anything.  I should have another Latin comp sometime.  It sounds like the Wharton family reunion was successful.  That's great that so many were able to get together. It sounds like it was a lot of fun.  One of the things I miss most is being in the outdoors, especially campfires.
     I will finish with the BOM this week; I think then I will start it in Spanish.  I am also trying to read Acts to Revelations there is some pretty interesting stuff in Acts I didn't know about.
     So the family that is closest to baptism has hit some bumps in the road.  The dad doesn't have his documents he needs to get married so he has to buy new ones and wait for them which is more time and money he doesn't really have.  Their little girl who is closest to getting baptized has apparently been acting up, so her parents sent her to live with the grandma for a week, and that has been time when we couldn't teach her.  She came back the other night, but apparently they got into an argument right before we got there, so we are working with that.
     There is also the familia Rojo that we met with once and we will continue passing by Norma Hernandez who has epilepsy and  mental problems.  We were walking one day and she followed us and asked us to come to her house where she told us, she saw us walking by and thought we must be men of God so she asked for our help.
     We helped three inactive members come back to church.  Familia Lobos, the mom and the son, the son served a mission in Buenos Aries like 20 years ago, and also Hermana Alfonso who  hasn't been to church in a few years.
     So here's a funny story.  We were walking to a house and a drunk guy on a bike stopped us and told us he can't stop drinking and he needs help.  So we tried the best we could to get his address from him, we got his mom's address which will help.  But anyways this guy was wasted, he skipped work that day and spent the morning drinking.  When I shook his hand to leave he grabbed my hand and gave it a big, wet, alcohol 8 second kiss.  I just said, "oh crap" in English and my comp just started laughing.  I could see saliva on my hand, so I went to the closest member's house and washed my hands.
           I'm up here in San Rafael right now, we took a bus at 6 am and came up for p-day.  We leave to go back down at 6 pm.  It's been a while since I had seen the other missionaries.
Thanks for everything.  You are all in my prayers.
Love,
Elder Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment