Argentina Mendoza Mission

Argentina Mendoza Mission



Friday, June 17, 2011

May 16, 2011-Malargue

Hey Dad,
     I heard it was your birthday and it sounds like you had a pretty good time hiking for your b-day.  It sure looked sweet from the pictures I saw.   For p-day today we helped a member take some logs for firewood out to one of his houses out in the campo.  I think they have about 7 turkeys out there and a bunch of chickens some horses and chivos.  Afterwards, the member took us on a drive to see some of the pretty landscape.  We saw a real guacho out herding his chivos.  I put some pictures of him up on the costco.com website. I am uploading the pictures to the Transfer 4 album.    
     It's looking like we are going to baptize a family this month.  They need to get married first but they are excited and want to get married and  baptized.  Their last name is Sepulveda, and I think mom has relatives named Sepulveda.  They are really poor and super awesome.  This week we are going to make tacos at their house.
       The work here in Malargue is kind of slow.  Oh,  I ate asado 2 x in the last three days.  The first one I ate more blood sausage and decided it's not too bad, but it's not really good either.  I like chivo, carne and normal chorizo.
        We just walk. I dont think they will ever give us bikes.   But we will be getting a new mission president in about 7 weeks.
        Spanish is still coming along.  I think it might be harder for me than a lot of other people, but oh well.  I've got a lot of time to practice.
       I'm not sure if the pictures will load; the computer here sucks!
but I will try next week if not.
Love,
Elder Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment