Argentina Mendoza Mission

Argentina Mendoza Mission



Thursday, April 21, 2011

Salto de las Rosas--San Rafael Zone

      Ok, so a lot has happened.  First off I'm in my second area.   It's called Salto de las Rosas and it's about six hours south of where I was before.  I'm in Mendoza now, but not the city area.  I'm about 3 hours south of Mendoza, Mendoza.  The zone is San Rafael.  My comp is Elder Boyle, originally from Texas.  This area is super, super pretty.  I'ts really campo or fieldy, there are a ton of grape fields or fincas.  This is the last area in the mission that had bikes, and we need them, but President doesn't want to risk us getting in an accident.  We walk like 3 hours or more to get to a house.  It's a lot slower work than it was in downtown San Juan.  But the people here are awesome, many of them are illiterate.  The church is actually in our pensh.  We have a little room with a pulpit and our church is only 1 and 1/2 hours long.  We teach Elders Quorum.  We are supposedly a branch of a branch, so we call ourselves a leaf.  There were like 18 people in church on Sunday.
   
     Our shower is a bucket that you fill with water and then plug in, after about thirty minutes the water is hot, so you unplug it and turn the valve and then you have about 7 minutes.  The pensh is pretty poorly insulated so it's really cold in the morning.

     I put some pictures up under "Transfer 4" on Costco's website, and there are also new ones under "Transfer 3."  You will see how pretty the area is.  The thing is there are not too many people; but it's great, the people are super nice and friendly.  I heard the area I'm in is one of President Lindahl's favorite areas in the mission.   He loves it and thinks it's really pretty.

     I don't really know what's going on with old investigators or anything but I got a picture with the convert, Jessica and her grandma, the familia Contrerras and Cristian from Grido.  I don't have much more time left to email but I put a lot of pictures up, so you will see the huge fields that go on forever.  It's really cool.  It's apparently one of the most campo areas in the mission.  I'm also learning a bit of cooking here, I can now do a decent spaghetti and pastel de papas thing.  It's made with empanada shells then mashed potatoes then meat, more potatoes, sugar and cinnamon. Then baked in the oven.  It's pretty good.

      Well I'm gonna cut it short, thanks for the email, and hope you enjoy the pictures, I'm sure I will have more to tell you next time.
Love,
Elder Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment